Guides and Outfitters
Nice place / few hogs.
Overall rating

Quantity of Game

Quality of Game

Guide Professionalism

Camp and Amenities

Overall Experience

We took 6 experienced hunters and we went on 4 hunts each over the weekend, not one of us saw a hog. Out of a total of 18 hunters two killed hogs for a kill ratio of 1/9. 16 hunters did not get a shot on a combined total of 64 hunts (4 each).

My guide Destinee was very professional, helpful and did her best to put me in a position to kill a hog, I just don't believe there are many hogs on this property. This property is honest when they say they are a whitetail deer / bird outfit we saw several deer and many turkeys. Tony was not my guide but he was helpful and professional. The other guide (we will just call him Guide C) was a jerk.

Many of the stands are in disrepair.

Base camp is nice. Great fishing lake, dining hall, and bar area.

Hunt Info

Date of Hunt
5/13/17
Successful Hunt
No
Animal Hunted
Hogs
Type of Hunt
Fully Guided
G
Top 50 Reviewer 1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 4 0

Comments

2 results - showing 1 - 2
Ordering
May 19, 2017
Thanks Kim, for your review. We appreciate your input and always a pleasure having you and your family hunt with us. See you next time. Rex Pritchett
RP
Rex Pritchett
May 19, 2017
I’m sorry you did not enjoy your hunt. Our guides do their best to make sure everyone enjoys their hunt and has the best opportunity to harvest hogs. As we tell all our hog hunters.. We do not charge for the hunt, just the meals, lodging and guide service. These hunts are designed to keep the population under control, but it is fair chase hunting on 6000+ acres with no fences. There are no guarantees on a fair chase hunt. Even hunting over bait is not 100% when animals have a choice. Out of the 16 hunters in camp more than 50% had the opportunity to harvest hogs. The stand that you spoke of is known by our hunters as “Hole in the Earth”. I’m mentioning this because our past hunters know this stand to be a top Hog producing stand. I realize you having not hunted hogs before, might not recognize hog sign, but it is definitely there. We appreciate your review as this is how we learn and improve. Rex Pritchett & Staff

RP
Rex Pritchett
2 results - showing 1 - 2
Results per page: