Guides and Outfitters
Gun hunt 2017
Overall rating

Quantity of Game

Quality of Game

Guide Professionalism

Camp and Amenities

Overall Experience

I did a 5 day gun hunt in the 2017 deer season. It was my first paid hunt and I came away disappointed. The area is located in northwest Mo. and is great whitetail country. I saw several deer while hunting (saw close to 20 bucks my first day) but never saw anything close to a 140. On the good side - my sleeping accommodations were excellent. The bed was extremely comfortable. The lodge was comfortable and clean. The food was adequate. Bad side - I don't think my guide was very good. 'I've seen a big 10 pointer here' was his standard comment for each of my stands...... I never saw any cam pics of bucks. On one day (only had 5 days to hunt) , my guide sent me to a lock-on stand that was about 20 feet up. This wouldn't have been a bad stand if not for the sustained 25 mph wind that swayed the tree so much that I had to grip the seat the whole time I was up there. I didn't see a deer that would have scored beyond a 115 -120. Most of the deer seen from my blinds were 200 -300 yards away. When you combine the cost of the license and the guide tip (that was my mistake), this hunt cost me over $4,000. If you are tight on hunting funds, I would recommend going somewhere else.

Hunt Info

Date of Hunt
Successful Hunt
No
Animal Hunted
deer
Type of Hunt
Semi-Guided
MH
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments